This September, nine startups will be selected to pitch their ideas in front of a live Dragon’s Den at the Ericsson Studio and in collaboration with the STHLM TechFest. The winning startup will get technology incubation with the global network of Ericsson Garages, unlimited access to a smart city testbed and an express pass to a final decision investment meeting.
One free welcome drink per ticket.
16:00 Smart sustainable future
• Mingle with investors, startups, venture capitalists, tech wizards and others
• Welcome speech by Sara Mazur, Head of Ericsson Research
17:00 Live Dragon’s Den
• Presentation of the “Dragons” (Börje Ekholm, Tanya Marvin-Horowitz and Ville Heikkinen)
• Startup Pitches: the finalists of Ericsson Garage Startup Challenge are:
iOptiBiz Solutions Private Limited
18:00 More inspiration and networking
• Fireside chat : Sandor Albrecht, Founder of Ericsson Garage; Petra Dalunde, COO of Urban ICT Arena and Joseph Michael, Head of Startups/Tech at Invest Stockholm
• Remote interview: Ericsson South Africa and Wot-If Trust discuss how the new e-Hub will help entrepreneurs from resource-poor regions overcome their challenges. Learn about the inspirational startups and founders that have emerged from the Thinkubation program.
• Demo: Ericsson’s Strategic Design unit have teamed up with UN-Habitat to explore digital innovations in community-led urban design. UN-Habitat’s established Block by Block process allows citizens to participate in city planning by using Minecraft as a tool to express and discuss ideas for designing better public spaces and more sustainable cities. Come test the mixed reality prototype that makes it possible to view 3D visualizations of proposed changes in the city as a blend between the real world and digital 3D models - at their actual physical location!
• Mingle with new friends and partners, with dedicated booths to meet with